Saturday, October 29, 2011

Memorable time at Fresh


One of the things we did this summer was, we had some one on one husband and wife time. One of the things we did was I took my husband to this restaurant in downtown for iftar. Alhumdulillah my mother-in-law was free that evening, so I asked her if she could watch both the kids for a few hours, it was my first time leaving H for this long. It was great for everyone. The kids got some one on one time with their Dadi without the parents. I think grandparents need to have some 'unsupervised' time with their grand-kids, so they have the freedom to do what they want with the kids without the parents always monitoring the grandparents. After all, all parents wait to be grandparents and truly love their grand-kids, ,I also believe that grandparents should respect the limits parents have set for the kids.

On the other hand, hubs and I had a wonderful dinner and walk by the lakeshore :) Although the food was vegan (not my hubs favorite thing) but he admitted that he felt full but light. He was sort of ready to try it since I had tested some of their recipes from their eBook I had in the last few years. Alhumdulillah, I coincidentally found a fairly new looking copy of 'Refresh' at the garage sale in summer for  50 cents!!


It's a great cookbook to have with some great recipes straight from the Fresh's kitchen, in downtown Toronto. They have great recipes for shakes, elixirs, sauces, marinades, soups, wraps, veggie burgers and more. These are recipes for the same food you will find on their menu. Click here to checkout their website.



If you are interested in having a copy of this wonderful nutritious vegan cookbook 'Refresh' by Ruth Tal, please email me at rawdahs@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. AsSalaamu Alaikum! Where have you been all my blogging life, lol. No really, I love your blog! The pictures, the content, everything. Wholistic. Love it, love it, love it! Lol. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete