Packing for a long journey across the planet is not that easy with little ones, if its not planned well. How you plan your journey can really define what type of memories you will have (fond ones or ones you want to forget). Previously I had posted about somethings to keep with you on a road trip to keep the children occupied. However when traveling by plane you cannot do the same (can't carry too much luggage). Alhumdullillah, I am starting to get use to traveling and on every trip learn new things to do in order to have a smooth journey.
InshaAllah in this post I will be sharing with you my travel kit secrets. You can pack the material I will be mentioning for any short or long, road, air or track trips. These are some essentials that I have to have when travelling with my family.
- Always travel with a Diaper-Backpack. Reason for that is:
- it gives you two free hands to handle your kids
- lots space for baby stuff.
- weight is appropriately divided on 2 shoulders
- its not like diaper bags which keep falling off your shoulder! or hit people in their face with it!
- look for a backpack with side pockets or baby bottles and sippers
- One thing to remember with backpacks is that NEVER keep any important belongings in the front pockets! They can be easily stolen!
Homeopathy Travel kit
Homeopathy Travel kit
- I always pack first-aid remedy kit in small zip-locks with labels. The reason why I prefer zip-locks when traveling is because they are light weight and don't take much space.
- Aconite 30
- Chamomile 30
- Ferrrum Phosphorus 6x
- Gelsimium 30
- Nux Vomica 30
- Carbo Vegetabilis 30
- Arnica Montana 30
- Kali Mur 6x
- Aloe 30
- Calendula tincture ointment
- Rhus Tox 30
- Lycopodium 30
- Since we can no longer carry liquid in hand carrys. I pack most of them in the luggage. I have taken two essential oil in a ziplock and the airport officials were fine with it. One other thing I did was, I soaked a cotton ball with the essential oil and zipped it! This way I had the oil and it didn't bother the aiport immigration.
- Lavender oil
- Known for its relaxing properties (works great for jet lag), protects from flu and cold, its also antiseptic so you can apply to small cuts and wounds. I also keep a small bag with dried lavender flowers in the backpack.
- Very powerful antiseptic and immune stimulator. Its known to be great for cough, cold sores, infected wounds, cuts, and insect
- Great refresher and air purifier, also great for headaches.
- Useful for muscular pains, insect bites and insect repellent.
- Good for sore throats, earaches and cough with mucus.
- Kids love suprises! I wrapped some small toys for them to keep them busy.
|These were some small toys, that I had packed. The kids loved opening them! The new toy kept them busy for a while through out the trip.|